Congratulations to all those MHBA members who brought home medals from the recent Minnesota Mash-Out! Special accolades go to MHBA vice-president Matt Weide for winning Best of Show Mead, plus two other medals. Other members with award-winning beverages were Joel Ellingson, Al Boyce, Paul Dienhart, Dave Royer, Dave Matson (x2), Chris Smith (x4), Steve Piatz, Tim Cichon, and Sean Kampshoff (x3). Apologies to those member’s names we might have missed; it’s easier for us to spot your name on an awards list if you enter with the club name!
Check out the full list of winners on the Mashout website!Read More
Congratulations to all of the winners at the 2015 Minnesota Renaissance Festival Homebrew Competition! We had an amazing show from the MHBA. Congratulations to all who entered.
Every year at the Minnesota All-Club Campout each club can enter one Ale, one Lager, one Belgian and one Nead/Cider into a competition. Here are the winners from this year!
2015 Master of Malt Awards Results
ALE – 5 entries
- 1st – Tom Roan and Nancy Bowser, PHC – American IPA
- 2nd – Al Boyce, Primary Fermenters – American Brown Ale
- 3rd – John Vircks and Gera Exire LaTour, CRAZY – American Pale Ale
BELGIAN – 5 entries
- 1st – Dick Nilles, PHC – Kriek
- 2nd – John Vircks and Gera Exire LaTour, MHBA – Golden Strong
- 3rd – Nate Battendorf, Cloudy Town Brewers – Flanders Red
LAGER – 1 entry
- 1st – Paul Vogel and Roger Vaagen – Premium American Lager
MEAD & CIDER – 7 entries
- 1st – Al Boyce, Jack of All Brews – Mixed Berry Melomel
- 2nd – Al Boyce, NBA – Black Current Melomel
- 3rd – Nick Tillemans, MHBA – Mulberry Cider Applewine
Congratulations to the winners of the 2nd annual Northern Brewer/Town Hall Brewery Cider Competition!Read More
Congratulations to everyone who entered and placed at Lucid Brewing’s Brewer for a Day competition. Our own former club president and all around great guy Chris Smith took overall Best of Show with his Hefeweizen. He will work with Lucid to brew this on their system and it will be entered in the Great American Beer Festival Pro-Am competition this year!Read More