The MHBA Education Circle is happy to announce the rebirth of the club library. Education is key to becoming a better brewer, consumer, and judge and we hope you will take advantage of this benefit of your Club membership.
To check out a book, please fill out this form and select whether you would like us to mail it to you (at the Club’s expense) or want to pick it up at the next Club activity (saves the club money on postage).
Books can be returned by bringing them to any Club activity or mailing them back to us. The return address will be provided when you check an item out.
You must be a member of the MHBA to make use of the Club Library. Books are available for one month. All items should be returned in a condition similar to how you received it.
Here’s a list of what’s in the club’s library (updated 06 June 2022)
General Homebrewing Guides:
- David Miller’s Homebrewing Guide by David Miller
- Home Brewers Companion by Charlie Papazian
- Home-Brewed Gluten Free Beer by Joshua Bernstein
- Homebrewing Volume 1 by Al Korzonas
- New Complete Joy of Home Brewing by Charlie Papazian
- Breweries of Wisconsin by Jerry Apps
- Land of Amber Waters: The History of Brewing in Minnesota by Doug Hoverson
- Woman’s Place is in the Brewhouse: A Forgotten History of Alewives, Brewsters, Witches, and CEOs by Tara Nurin
- Beer: Tap into the Art and Science of Brewing by Charlie Bamforth
- Beer for All Seasons: A Through-the-Year Guide to What to Drink and When to Drink It by Randy Mosher
- Beer Is Proof God Loves Us by Charlie Bamforth
- Continental Pilsner by David Miller
- German Wheat Beer by Eric Warner
- New World Guide to Beer by Michael Jackson
- Pale Ale: History, Brewing Techniques, Recipes by Terry Foster
- Porter by Terry Foster
- Scotch Ale by Gregory Noonan
- Stout by Michael J. Lewis
- Vienna, Marzen, Oktoberfest by George and Laurie Fix
- Zymurgy: The Best Articles and Advice from America’s #1 Home Brewing Magazine edited by Charlie Papazian
- Craft Beer for the Homebrewer: Recipes from America’s Top Brewmasters by Michael Agnew
- Winner’s Circle: 10 Years of Award-Winning Homebrew Recipes by the American Homebrewers Association
Food and Beer:
- Brewmaster’s Table by Garrett Oliver
- Minnesota Brewers Cookbook by the Minnesota Craft Brewers Guild
- Making Mead by Bryan Acton and Peter Duncan
If you want to donate books related to beer, mead, cider, and/or wine to the Club Library or have ideas for future additions, please contact the Club Librarian.