Club member Tim Burman passed on the following information from the Wisconsin Apple Growers Association. This comes from Herdie Baisden and Carol Wiersma, husband and wife owners of Maiden Rock Winery & Cidery in Stockholm, WI.
Cider Apple Field Day
Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:00am-5:00pm, Rain or Shine
Check-in and Registration starting at 8:30am
Maiden Rock Winery & Cidery
W12266 King Lane
Stockholm, Wisconsin 54769
- Herdie Baisden, Maiden Rock Winery & Cidery
- Stephen M. Wood, Orchardist & Cider Maker, Poverty Lane Orchards & Farnum Hill Ciders
- Special Lunch – Cooked With Cider – The Hard Way
- Deirdre Birmingham, The Cider Farm
- Heidi Doering, UW Extension Horticulture Agent, – Field Work – Out In the Orchard
- Dennis Courtier, Pepin Heights Orchards, Inc. – Juice Plant Tour, Lake City, MN
Cost and other details
- $25/person (Non-members)
- $20/person (WAGA Member Orchards)
- Lunch and Refreshments Included
- $10.00 Late Fee for registration after April 16th
Mail registration with payment to Wisconsin Apple Growers Association (WAGA) using the registration form on the brochure. Additional information and directions are contained in the brochure.
Please feel free to pass this invitation on to those interested in growing cider apples, especially at a commercial scale.