It’s time to start thinking about brewing with an off-beat ingredient. Once again the Minnesota Home Brewers association is hosting an Iron Home Brewer Competition!
Here are all the details:
- This will be a club only contest that will utilize a secret ingredient in the brewing process.
- Brewers will have from June 13th until September 10th to brew any beer that they feel will work in harmony and exemplify the secret ingredient.
- Brewers should bring at minimum 6 – 12 oz bottles or 1 – 64oz growler. We will have the club jockey box available for kegs as well.
- The secret ingredient will be unveiled June 13th on-line and at the “Sinning with the Saints” game.
- The secret ingredient will be provided for free to any member that pre-registers for the competition and arrives at the Saints game and wants to participate in the competition.
- The secret ingredient will be chosen at random from one of these 4 ingredients:
- Rye (Flaked)
- Brown Sugar
There are two ways to win:
- We will have a panel of 3 qualified judges to select the Iron Home Brewer. The winner will win an MHBA Iron Home Brewer trophy and a $50 gift certificate to Midwest Supplies.
- We will also have a people’s choice award will win a $25 to Midwest Supplies.
If you plan on picking up the ingredient at the Saints game (we need to ensure we have enough), or have any questions about this event please e-mail Matt Weide at or register below.