2014 Sinning with the Saints – #98
Spring is never coming to this godforsaken place, so we’ll have to go outside and play despite the nasty weather. To assist with your vitamin-D-building activities, the MN Homebrewers Association will tailgate at and attend a Saint Paul Saints game for the 98th time since 1877. This will be the final tailgating adventure at Midway Stadium, as the Saints move to a new home downtown in 2015.
Join us Thursday, May 22nd as we reminisce about the past 97 MHBA Saints events–the Midway tailgating of the past 22 years, the streetcar double-headers against the Minneapolis Millers in the 50’s (remember in 1952 when Gera fell asleep on the streetcar back to the Saint Paul end of the day and failed to get off with the group at Lexington park?), the Saint Paul Apostle games of the late 1800’s (who will forget the time when Greg and Bonnie’s wool clothing caught fire while they were grilling brats over the wood fire?).
As always, the club will provide tables, chairs, and some beer and food. All you have to do is purchase your tickets and bring some food to share. This year you can purchase your tickets for $15 each via the club site, rather than sending me checks. If you have any questions, please contact John Longballa.
If you wait too long, then I’ll release tickets back to the Saints so the the club isn’t on the hook for many unsold tickets, so please purchase them NOW!
- Tailgating will start at Midway Stadium around 4:00, when the parking lot opens.
- We will be in tailgating space 5, on the far side of the parking lot, right next to the train tracks.
- There will be some tables and chairs provided but feel free to bring your own as well.
- You can park in the paid midway parking lot for a small fee, or you can attempt to find street parking.
- The club will provide one brat with bun for each ticket purchased.
- You are encouraged to bring additional food to share with others.
- You are encouraged to bring Homebrew, mead, cider or any beverages you wish to share! The club jockey box will be available for those with kegs.
- Remember to bring a small tasting glass. Sometimes glasses are available but, as with all our events it’s best to bring your own.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.