The Cider Buy
The Minnesota Home Brewers Association is hosting our annual cider buy at Barley John’s Brewpub on November 7 from 10 am to 4 pm. The cider is from Pine Tree Apple Orchard and is being sold to club members for $25/5 gallons. The deadline is November 3, so don’t delay! Order your cider here!
If you’re new to making cider or want to up your cider game, check out:
Please remember that we will NOT fill glass containers for safety.
Don’t forget to enjoy Barley John’s famous egg bake and support them for hosting this annual event!
But wait … there’s more!
Due to covid, we are doing a virtual bottle share in lieu of our traditional in-person share. To join the fun:
- Pick a beer, mead, or cider you’ve made and of which you have at least four bottles
- Fill out this form with the details of your beverage. Decide if you want the recipient to judge it or not. This MUST be done prior to drop off.
- Drop off the four bottles at the club secretary’s garage (887 Nebraska Ave W, Saint Paul, MN) on Saturday, October 31 from noon to 3 pm. Can’t make that drop-off window? Contact the club secretary at [email protected]to drop it off before October 30. Please drop off your bottles in a four or six-pack holder. There will be a stack of post-it notes with a unique number on each one. Write your name legibly on the top-most post-it and stick it to the barrel of one of your bottles, and put that bottle inside the holder you brought. Using the permanent marker provided, please write the number from the post-it on each bottle cap.
- The club secretary will create mixed packs
- Pick up four different bottles at the cider buy
- If you decided to have your entries judged, you will get score sheets via email from the club secretary
Could the day get any sweeter?
Gardner Bees produces local, high-quality honey that has been used to make award-winning mead. Members who order honey from them will be able to pick it up from Josh Mahoney at the cider buy. This is a great opportunity to make cysers!