More details to be added later, but hold the date for the annual holiday party! Event details will be posted on Facebook as well: https://fb.me/e/2mYBFUity.
MHBA Final Friday Social with Unmapped Brewing Recap
No Questions Yet! Don’t forget that the Minnesota Home Brewers Association offers the Hive Mind as an option to ask questions from experts the community.
In order to submit a question, fill out the form here. The information is then anonymously sent to the experts who will provide their answer(s) based on years of expertise and studies. The answer(s) will then be collated and sent back to you – its that easy! At the end of every newsletter we will include the anonymous questions and answers for everybody else to see in order to spread the wealth of knowledge.
MHBA Honor Roll
- Adam Bystrom earned SIX medals at Valkyries Horn (2nd-semisweet trad, 2nd-cyser, 2nd-pyment, 3rd-SHV, 2nd-braggot, 2nd-historical, HM-fruit and spice)
- Nathan Steigman won three medals at Valkyries Horn (1st&3rd-historical, 3rd-braggot).
- Paul Johnson won one medal at Valkyries Horn (1st-cyser).
- Josh Landy won one medal at Valkyries Horn (2nd-healthy hydromels).
- Anthony Davis won one medal at Valkyries Horn (3rd-fruit and spice).
The following is a curated list of what we’re reading, listening to, and thinking about in the world of beer, mead, and cider this week:
- Paige Latham Didora was on a panel for the North American Guild of Beer Writers discussing how the revelation of more than a thousand accounts of sexual harassment and assault, toxic workplaces and discrimination is affecting the beer industry – listen in here
- Good Beer Hunting writes about how a method that had fallen to the wayside for modern generations of brewers, decoction brewing, is finding new interest and popularity
- Louis Livingston-Garcia of Beer Dabbler talks with Beer Kulture, a non profit focused on diversity and inclusion in the craft beverage industry, and the impact they are making