MHBA Final Friday Social – August 27
Meeting ID: 818 0257 1741
MHBA Holiday Party Scheduled for January 8th at Forgotten Star Brewing
More details to be added later, but hold the date for the annual holiday party! Event details will be posted on Facebook as well: https://fb.me/e/2mYBFUity.
Sinning with the Saints Recap
MHBA Mead Day 2021 with Prairie Rose Meadery Recap
No Questions Yet! Don’t forget that the Minnesota Home Brewers Association offers the Hive Mind as an option to ask questions from experts the community.
In order to submit a question, fill out the form here. The information is then anonymously sent to the experts who will provide their answer(s) based on years of expertise and studies. The answer(s) will then be collated and sent back to you – its that easy! At the end of every newsletter we will include the anonymous questions and answers for everybody else to see in order to spread the wealth of knowledge.
MHBA Honor Roll
- Nathan Steigman took 1st place in Mead at the U.S. Open in North Carolina, 2nd in BOS Mead,
- Nathan Steigman took BOS for Mead at the Dominion Cup in Virginia this weekend, along with 1st and 3rd place medals.
The following is a curated list of what we’re reading, listening to, and thinking about in the world of beer, mead, and cider this week:
- Paige Latham Didora was on a panel for the North American Guild of Beer Writers discussing how the revelation of more than a thousand accounts of sexual harassment and assault, toxic workplaces and discrimination is affecting the beer industry – listen in here
- Good Beer Hunting writes about how a method that had fallen to the wayside for modern generations of brewers, decoction brewing, is finding new interest and popularity
- Louis Livingston-Garcia of Beer Dabbler talks with Beer Kulture, a non profit focused on diversity and inclusion in the craft beverage industry, and the impact they are making