Here is the update on the Iron Home Brewer event:
- This will be a club only contest that will utilize RYE as the secret ingredient in the brewing process.
- Brewers will have until our meeting on September 10th to brew any beer that they feel will work in harmony and exemplify the secret ingredient. You do not need to brew to a BJCP style. There is still time to brew a rye beer.
- Brewers should bring at minimum 6 – 12 oz bottles or 1 – 64oz growler. We will have the club jockey box available for kegs as well.
- Pat and Hank McNeely will be giving a talk / demonstration on how to make award winning mead. If you would like to learn more about the latest techniques, these two award winning mead makers will give you the scoop.
- We will be conducting the “Brewers of Fame.” So please bring any beer your would like to receive constructive feedback.
There are two ways to win:
- We will have a panel of 3 qualified judges to select the Iron Home Brewer. The winner will win an MHBA Iron Home Brewer trophy and a $50 gift certificate to Midwest Supplies.
- We will also have a people’s choice award will win a $25 to Midwest Supplies.