Details for the 2022 MHBA Cider Buy
Where: Minneapolis Cider Company
When: Saturday, November 5, 2022 starting at 10 am
What: Purchase cider for $25/five gallons and stick around for a fun bottle share!
You must bring your own plastic containers. For your safety and ours, we will not fill glass carboys/jugs under any circumstances. We hope to have the cider pickup portion of the event complete by noon. And don’t forget to support our wonderful new hosts for this event by buying their cider and merch!
Link to purchase for MHBA members
Link to purchase for NBA members (password available from NBA leadership)
Details for the Inaugural Full Core Press Cider Competition
The MHBA is proud to announce the first Full Core Press Cider Competition. Getting expert and neutral feedback on your ciders and cysers is key to improving as a cider/mead maker. Here are key details:
- 100% of the cider you use MUST come from an MHBA club cider buy regardless of year or what club you belong to.
- Full Core Press encourages entries in three categories: Standard Ciders (C1), Cysers (M2A), and Specialty Ciders (C2, including grafs)/Fruit and Spice Mead (M3A)/Experimental Mead (M4C)
- Awards will be in-person at the 2022 MHBA club cider buy
- All entrants will receive two completed BJCP cider or mead scoresheets via email providing an evaluation of the aroma, appearance, flavor, and mouthfeel of your entries.
- Bring your ciders and cysers to the 2022 club cider buy for a fun bottle share!
- Two 12 oz (or larger) bottles will be required for judging.
- There will be two bottle drop-off locations: one in Saint Paul and one in Saint Louis Park. The addresses of the drop off locations will be provided upon registering. Entries are due October 22.
- There is no cost for this competition!
If you think you may be able to help judge, please register as a judge here! All judges will receive BJCP judging credit. The time/location of judging will be announced soon.