Celebrating the Release of Spring Peeper
The club held a Happy Hour at Forgotten Star Brewery to celebrate the release of Spring Peeper, a Saison brewed by our very own member Soren Jensen. Those who were lucky enough to make it out to the brewery got to try both Spring Peeper Saison and a special keg of White Peach infused Spring Peeper Saison. Members who tried them said they were fantastic, with one member saying “It was quite tasty. Very dry, crackery malt, with moderate white pepper phenols and low stone fruit”. Thanks to Forgotten Star Brewery for hosting the Iron Brewer competition and congratulations Soren and look forward to future beers from you!
June Final Friday Social with Spilled Grain Brewhouse
1. Order your beer directly from Spilled Grain (https://spilledgrainbrewhouse.square.site/) and add a note saying you want it included in the MHBA pickup
2. Let us know what you ordered (https://forms.gle/zs8SvrCGxYbfQTfz7)
3. Pick it up in Saint Paul or Saint Louis Park next week
Reminder: Sinning with the Saints – August 22, 2021
Reminder: All Club Camp Out – August 6 – 8, 2021
Questions From the Community
No Questions Yet! Don’t forget that the Minnesota Home Brewers Association offers the Hive Mind as an option to ask questions from experts the community.
In order to submit a question, fill out the form here. The information is then anonymously sent to the experts who will provide their answer(s) based on years of expertise and studies. The answer(s) will then be collated and sent back to you – its that easy! At the end of every newsletter we will include the anonymous questions and answers for everybody else to see in order to spread the wealth of knowledge.
The following is a curated list of what we’re reading, listening to, and thinking about in the world of beer, mead, and cider this week:
- Don Tse of Beer and Brewing discusses malts evolution and focus on new varieties as the industry is responding to independent breweries
- Good Beer Hunting walks through some of the difficulties of being a women in the beer industry and the physical, psychological, and financial toll it takes
- Charles Spence of Oxford and Carlos Velasco of the Norwegian Business School talk about how the sound of beer influences our perceptions on NPR All Things Considered.
- Michael Agnew waxes poetic about witbier in the Star Tribune.