Come one, Come All To the All-Club Camp-Out!
- Friday August 1st-Sunday August 3rd – Arrive anytime after 1 p.m. Friday–a few folks are staying Sunday evening as well.
- Camp Nushka – just east of Cass Lake, MN in the beautiful Chippewa Forest, on the shores of Cass Lake (pdf link).
- Many spaces available for tents, some camper sites as well.
- Bring your own camping gear and food for the weekend – Saturday night meal provided, plus beer to share (kegs okay, we’ll have jockey boxes available). A chair for around the fire is a great idea.
- Cost is roughly $35 per adult (kids are free), depending on how many attend, cash or checks accepted; make payable to MHBA.
- This is a rustic site with no running water or electricity (drinking water will be available), so plan accordingly. What the camp might lack in modern amenities, it more than makes up for in beauty and charm.
- Families and well-behaved pets are welcome.
- Acoustic instruments are welcome; amplified music and firearms/fireworks are not.
- More wood than should be burned is included in the cost.
- There are two large pavilions in case of the ‘r’ word.
All-Club homebrew competition Saturday afternoon (bring representation for your club in the categories of Lagers, Ales, Belgians, Meads). See if your club can take the coveted trophy keg away from PHC/Tom and Nancy.
Saturday dinner cooked by MHBA: grilled salmon.
Fire Jenga (to those who are regulars to this event, no explanation needed, to new comers, you won’t want to miss this)
Bring Bocce ball or any other yard games you have
A large pontoon will be available Saturday and Sunday for lake cruising, right from the sandy shore of the campground.
There are many paved bicycle trails in the area. Let’s ride!
The lake is shallow and sandy at the site; perfect for swimming and/or inflatable lounge-chairing.
So we can make sure we have enough food, please e-mail your plan to attend to [email protected] by July 27. You can send questions to the same e-mail address.
On Hwy 2, about 5 miles east of the town of Cass Lake, look for SR10, then turn North and go 4.2 miles.
Turn West on Cass Bluff Loop Road (2360), then go 1.2 miles.
Look for the sign (on the left) that says Camp Nushka (if the road starts veering to the right, you’ve gone too far).