We are looking to refresh and update the Minnesota Home Brewers Association’s logo!
- The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the Minnesota Home Brewers Association. The logo will be used online, in print, and on merchandise.
- Entry can be done in any media: electronic or created by hand.
- Flexibility is a key requirement: it needs to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color.
- Entry needs to be original and not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images.
- Entrant must have legal permission to use any components for the logo. Legally obtained or free clipart or stock images maybe used, but images from Google search may not.
- The logo must contain the words “Minnesota Home Brewers Association”.
- Paper entries must be on 8.5” x 11” and the logo must be at least 6” x 6”.
- Electronic entries can be any size or format.
- The contest is open only to individuals. It is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc. or to groups associated with such institutions.
- Entrant must be a current member of the MHBA.
- Entrants must be at least 21 years old.
- MHBA Board member may enter the contest, but he/she will be prohibited from the judging selection.
How to Enter
- Entries can be submitted by:
- Emailed to [email protected]
- On website at mnbrewers.com/logo-contest
- Mailed to MHBA Logo Contest c/o Gera Exire LaTour, 3757 Dupont Avenue N, Minneapolis, MN 55412
- The entry must include the name, age, postal address, phone number, and email address of the entrant.
- MHBA members can submit multiple entries.
- The deadline is midnight on May 23, 2014.
- There is no fee to enter the contest.
- The winning designer will receive a $200 gift card to plus a work shirt with the logo on it, to be ordered after the logo is approved.
- Accepting the prize constitutes permission for MHBA to make public and otherwise use winner’s name publicity purposes.
Judging and Selection of Winner
- Top logo design entries will be judged by a committee designated by the MHBA Board and put on the MHBA website and Facebook page for People’s Choice judging.
- The number of entries selected for People’s Choice judging will be determined by the final number of entries and is at the discretion of the judges.
- People’s Choice judging will be from May 24 through May 31, 2014.The winning logo design will be selected based on the number of the People’s Choice votes and by criteria determined the MHBA Board.
- MHBA reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- The final design selected may be altered, if determined necessary by the MHBA Board.
- All entries will become the sole property of MHB and may be used in any manner the MHBA desires, including but not limited to displaying publicly.
- 10am- Brett Glenna – Brewer Water Chemistry
- 11am- G Exire LaTour & Steve Piatz – Brewing for Competition & What the BJCP is All About
- 12pm-From Homebrewers Dreams to Pro Brewers Reality: Roundtable with owners of Lucid Brewing, Bad Weather Brewing Company, Badger Hill Brewing Company & more!
- 1pm- Charlie Rohwer, Eric Sannerud & Ben Boo – Growing Hops at Home
- 2pm- Steve Piatz Mead-Making For All Levels
- 3pm- Better Beer Society featuring Robin Shellman – Food Pairing & Cooking With Beer
We just solidified 2 new meetings for later this year.
In July, we will be visiting Mighty Axe Hops, Hop Farm in Ham Lake. Come join us in checking out the growing side of one of our favorite brewing ingredients!
In September Day Block Brewing has invited us to swing by and see their operation. Day Block is a new Brew Pub in Minneapolis.
Stay tuned for more details on both these events.Read More
The April meeting/homebrew festival is coming up fast! This informal event is a great opportunity to share your beer, mead, or cider with your fellow members. There will be prizes for People’s Choice Beer and People’s Choice Mead/Cider. You can bring bottles, growlers, or kegs – any amount, but try to bring enough so you can share. Last year, we have over 50 different home brews to taste!
Please try to remember your tasting glass. Friend and family are welcome.
To help this event run smoothly, I assign each entry a number and print out labels with the styles beforehand. Therefore, please contact Gera before the meeting to let her know what home brew you plan to bring, so we don’t have to do too much writing at the event. Also, let me know if you’re going to want a spot on one of the jockey boxes.Read More
The club’s tailgating event at the Saints game is Thursday, May 22nd, but we need people to go to purchase their tickets NOW, please. In about one week the unsold tickets will be turned back in so the club does not have to pay for them.
If you you don’t enjoy drinking homebrew and eating free sausage in the sun before a baseball game, then you can ignore this. Everyone else…go purchase your tickets now!Read More
I know that there was a delay in getting 2014 MHBA cards to members and I apologize. If you signed up for MHBA membership before the week of April 7, 2014, all cards should now have been sent out. If you do not receive your card by Saturday, April 12, 2014, please send an email to the Treasurer, Gera Exire LaTour, so she can check it out.
Big thanks to Dave Royer for doing fantastic things in making it easier to sign up for MHBA membership online. We hope you consider signing up for the 3-year membership, if you haven’t renewed your 2014 membership yet.
The next meeting is April 26th at Midwest Supplies at noon.
I know that the Board is looking at exciting new changes to help get information to members quicker and more efficiently in the future. Thanks again for participating and supporting MHBA!
Gera Exire LaTour, TreasurerRead More
The annual Minnesota All Club Campout is coming!
Annually, one of Minnesota’s home brew clubs organizes a joint campout for all the home brew clubs in the state. This year that duty belongs to the Minnesota Home Brewers Association.Read More
On May 3, the American Homebrewers Association Big Brew Day will be happening. Once again, we will be taking over a chunk of Lucid Brewing’s parking lot and brewing up a storm. Everyone is welcome to come out and take part in the festivities but if you want a spot to brew, you must register ahead of time to reserve a space.
Check out the calendar page for this event for more details and the location.
Also remember Lucid is having an AHA Wort Rally the same day. It’s a separate event with separate registration, if you are interested.Read More