We are looking to refresh and update the Minnesota Home Brewers Association’s logo!
- The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the Minnesota Home Brewers Association. The logo will be used online, in print, and on merchandise.
- Entry can be done in any media: electronic or created by hand.
- Flexibility is a key requirement: it needs to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color.
- Entry needs to be original and not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images.
- Entrant must have legal permission to use any components for the logo. Legally obtained or free clipart or stock images maybe used, but images from Google search may not.
- The logo must contain the words “Minnesota Home Brewers Association”.
- Paper entries must be on 8.5” x 11” and the logo must be at least 6” x 6”.
- Electronic entries can be any size or format.
- The contest is open only to individuals. It is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc. or to groups associated with such institutions.
- Entrant must be a current member of the MHBA.
- Entrants must be at least 21 years old.
- MHBA Board member may enter the contest, but he/she will be prohibited from the judging selection.
How to Enter
- Entries can be submitted by:
- Emailed to [email protected]
- On website at mnbrewers.com/logo-contest
- Mailed to MHBA Logo Contest c/o Gera Exire LaTour, 3757 Dupont Avenue N, Minneapolis, MN 55412
- The entry must include the name, age, postal address, phone number, and email address of the entrant.
- MHBA members can submit multiple entries.
- The deadline is midnight on May 23, 2014.
- There is no fee to enter the contest.
- The winning designer will receive a $200 gift card to plus a work shirt with the logo on it, to be ordered after the logo is approved.
- Accepting the prize constitutes permission for MHBA to make public and otherwise use winner’s name publicity purposes.
Judging and Selection of Winner
- Top logo design entries will be judged by a committee designated by the MHBA Board and put on the MHBA website and Facebook page for People’s Choice judging.
- The number of entries selected for People’s Choice judging will be determined by the final number of entries and is at the discretion of the judges.
- People’s Choice judging will be from May 24 through May 31, 2014.The winning logo design will be selected based on the number of the People’s Choice votes and by criteria determined the MHBA Board.
- MHBA reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- The final design selected may be altered, if determined necessary by the MHBA Board.
- All entries will become the sole property of MHB and may be used in any manner the MHBA desires, including but not limited to displaying publicly.